We are currently representing an award-winning property and construction group who develop large business and office spaces into large residential apartments. They cover most things property based in the UK for clients based all around the world and also provide construction services to worldwide developers or estates and management. They are currently expanding their busy accounts team and are looking to hire an experience accounts assistant.
Working with a small accounts team, the role is very fast paced and varied and will require you to often work under pressure and towards deadlines. You will need to be a strong communicator both written and verbal and be confident working on numerous tasks throughout the day. This is a great opportunity for someone with accounts experience who can hit the ground running.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Raising, checking and adjusting purchase orders
- Checking and processing purchase ledger items for approval
- Checking and processing employee / sub-contractor expenses
- Making and answering telephone calls / distributing messages
- Dealing with customer/supplier queries; Reconciling customer/supplier accounts
- Checking, processing and reconciling petty cash
- Processing and reconciling CIS reports/returns Issuing CIS statements to sub-contractors
- Assisting with VAT return calculations
- Assisting other team members and employees as required
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Bookkeeping experience, preferably within the Construction sector
- Attention to detail
- Sound working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times, both externally and internally
- Experience/ knowledge of VAT
Hours: Full time Mon-Fri
Location: Leeds – office based
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30 day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)