A great opportunity for a Paralegal to join one of the leading employers in the Leeds area. It’s a fast moving, competitive and successful environment. The work is across three disciplines; Commercial, Intellectual Property and Litigation within a professional in-house legal team. 6 months relevant experience would be considered in this role.
This 9 months temporary role (which could lead to a permanent position) involves:
Commercial and Intellectual Property
• Assisting with commercial queries and providing practical advice to the business
• Liaising with teams in the business and the external legal advisers to manage trademark portfolio
• Reviewing new product designs from an IP perspective
• Assisting with the investigation of potential IP disputes
• Dealing with all commercial small claims including seeking instructions, drafting defences, preparing witness statements and compiling instructions to counsel
• Conducting settlement negotiations and engaging in small claims mediation
• Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
• Assisting with legal advice on customer and colleague ad-hoc queries
• Supporting on higher value litigation, including disclosure
• Dealing with judgments, monitoring the register of judgments and enforcement
• Advising the business on the legal implications of trading matters, including GSCOP
• An interest in retail would be idea.
• A law degree or equivalent.
• Experience in carrying out legal (or similar) support work, either at a leading firm or in an in-house role.
• To be comfortable working as part of a close team, working independently and interacting across all levels of the business.
• A strong desire to learn and to undertake new and challenging work-streams.
• Commercial awareness.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
• Experience of managing competing demands and working well under pressure.
• Good drafting and presentation skills.
• Experience of using a range of IT packages to a high standard, including word processing (Microsoft Word), electronic diary and e-mail management (Microsoft Outlook), spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint).
Hours and pay:
9am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri (37.5 hours per week)
£12.50 per hour (plus holiday accrual whilst temping)
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30-day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)