Are you a graduate with a desire to quickly accelerate your career?
Do you have a particular interest in Business Management and Business Sustainability developed throughout your studies?
Are you able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and present commercial solutions?
If so, this could be the role for you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a growing SME in the local area engaged on a government funded programme to support their long-term growth.
The business is a well-known, profitable SME going through an organisational development project to modernise their service offerings and internal practices, make them more sustainable, improve marketing presence/ strategy and much more. The business has been very successful to date but recognise for this to continue long-term, now is the time to go through a period of change.
Working in partnership with a local University, you will have the support of Academics who offer guidance and help you work through pre-defined project plans to ensure the business is on track with the change-pieces they need to achieve.
As a Business Manager working with this business on the gov funded programme backed by the University; You have a unique opportunity to develop a high-end strategic skill set and offer invaluable guidance directly to the top end of the company, often resulting in fast-track to senior leadership opportunities following the completion of the programme.
The programme is ongoing for 2 years which also makes this opportunity a 2-year fixed term contract initially, with the ability to secure much more senior positions thereafter.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent onboarding and ongoing support
- £2,000 personal development budget per year to use at your leisure
- Opportunity to study for a fully funded higher degree
- Enrolment on management training programme
- Excellent long-term prospects – fast-track to senior leadership opportunities
- Opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing government funded programme in the UK
Due to the nature of the programme and partnership with the University; Having a strong academic background is essential for this role and therefore we are only able to accept applications from graduates at this time.
Your first few months in role will be spent ‘in discovery’, understanding where the business is now vs where it wants to be. Following a pre-defined project plan thereafter; you will integrate with various departments in the organisation and develop constructive guidance and advise for the SLT to aid the organisations development.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Market & customer analysis for current and future business model
- Support in the development and implementation of a new Product Service System (PSS)
- Analysis of business processes and associated costs
- Supporting organisational behavioural change and operational change – analysis, development and embedding
- Regularly reporting and presenting business ideas to SLT
- Support in company-wide process improvement
- Offer guidance when identifying potential new markets and new market launch strategies
- Implement change methodology amongst the management and leadership team
- Support in developing employee engagement methodologies
Experience, attributes, and skill sets required:
- Experience in supporting a managing senior stakeholder relationships
- Strong presentation skills – exposure presenting to senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good IT literacy
- Hands on approach to organisational development
- Ability to develop and lead on new innovative approaches
- Experience is a scale-up / growth environment advantageous but not essential
- Desire to develop career
- Strong interest in business management
- Degree educated is essential
Due to the link with the University; This role is due to commence during term-time. We’re anticipating a start date of September – October 2022.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week. 8.30am – 5pm Mon – Fri, 08.30 – 4pm Fri.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 DOE + perks
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Location: Normanton, Wakefield
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30 day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application. (Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)