My client are a well-known, leading legal services provider based in central Leeds. They are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join their extremely busy department after the company have won several new contracts therefore if you love working in a high pressured, fast paced environment this could be the ideal role for you! This is a brilliant opportunity for someone with previous customer service and/or administrative experience, that offers brilliant support, a full training programme and the opportunity/sponsorship of further education. Candidates are able to learn a wide variety of new skills and gain exciting experience whilst working in such an interesting environment.
The company are very big on training, development and progression and would love bright, hardworking, enthusiastic individuals who have excellent transferable skills.
- Ensure sale cases are handed over to the exchange team quickly after the contract has been issued,
- Identify additional documentation required, e.g. death/marriage certificate, unregistered deeds, grant of probate and chase this documentation;
- Chase initial payments and protocol forms regularly on sale matters;
- Administrative duties including both electronic and paper file management.
- Chasing customers, solicitors, estate agents, mortgage lenders and other third parties for information and documentation, including redemption statements and ID
- Ensure issues revealed in the initial questionnaires, e.g. third party monies, are identified and flagged as soon as possible,
- Chasing initial search payments on purchases
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and targets & work under pressure.
- Good data input skills.
- Good team player, but, also ability to work on own initiative.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Previous administrative/customer service experience.
- Experience of working in a high volume environment.
- Any experience of conveyancing is desirable but by no means essential
- Offices in Leeds and Hull city centres and potential for hybrid working
- Bonus scheme
- Smart Casual dress code
- Profitable global company
- Market-leaders in their specialism with excellent service reputation.
- Family-friendly policies with a strong focus on work/life balance – e.g. paid birthday leave
- Significant career progression opportunities – large in-house training function
- Highly innovative with a strong focus on technology.
Role: Legal Assistant
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9AM to 5:30PM
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30 day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)