£20,000 + £1,500 in bonus paid monthly
9-5:30 Monday to Friday
Leeds LS14 (SEACROFT AREA)
My Client are a small friendly company based in Leeds LS14 who are looking for two Loans underwriters in their vibrant friendly team. They provide full training and ideally would like the suitable candidate to come from a FCA background and have understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority and Treating customers Fairley.
- To deal with customer contact on an initial and on-going basis via incoming and outgoing telephone, letter and email
- To underwrite loans following the ‘decision in principle’ and in conjunction with their Responsible Lending Policy
- To write repeat business in line with their reserve policies
- To ensure all loans written are responsible and will not cause the customer into any financial detriment
- To raise concerns to the Loans Manager if there are ‘warnings’ in place in the underwriting process
- To deal with appointed third parties (e.g. debt management companies) in a professional and appropriate manner
- To work to the policies and procedures including relevant legislation and guidelines set down by the Financial Conduct Authority, the Consumer Credit Trade Association the Financial Ombudsman Service & the Data Protection Act 1998
- To deal with customers in arrears by arranging suitable repayment plans whilst upholding the Treating Customers Fairly’ Policy
- To work additional hours if needed to ensure objectives and workloads are met and provide sickness & holiday cover where required.
- In addition, to perform other duties assigned by the Directors or Line Manager from time to time, defined as any task or procedure that would normally be undertaken by any employee of the business including the directors.
- To ensure all accounts are dealt with, processed & telephoned as speedily as possible.
- To achieve personal and team member targets set
- To ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that there is open and effective communication at all times
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)