We have a new temporary position available as a Promotions Planner, for a large, well-known retailer. You will be key part of a fast-paced business, responsible for managing key projects within our Promotions and Events team. This role will be based in Leeds City Centre. You will be provided full training on-site. Once comfortable with the role, you will have the option for hybrid working. They are looking for someone to start immediately.
About the role
This role will sit within the Promotion and Events team and is focussed on ensuring compliancy of feature spaces in-store to the Government legislation around High Fat Salt and Sugar products. Understanding these new legislations and implementing the correct strategy will make a real difference to the performance of the overall business. The candidate needs to have a good understanding of Excel and be comfortable with handling data but does not need to have current technical understanding of the legislation specifics as this will be trained.
This role offers real diversity and challenge, as you will be working cross functionally within the business and building relationships with other colleagues will be key to landing a cohesive program of activity. Your role will cover Ambient, Fresh, Non Edible and Frozen, so you will have the opportunity to gain an understanding of several trading categories.
- Working alongside a team of individuals across several different trading areas
- Financial analytics, identifying key opportunities, with the ability to action
- Completing analysis, reports and drawing conclusions on data
- Ensuring feature spaces are fully compliant to new legislation
- Use of Microsoft Excel to regularly analyse and report on data
- The ability to see the bigger picture and understanding the opportunity/cost of decisions
- An understanding of wider market forces, enabling competitive customer plans to be implemented
- An understanding of total business strategy and the best way to execute
Experience, skills set and/or qualifications required
- A commercial background is desired but not essential
- Strong analytical abilities and sound financial awareness
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- The ability to spot and act on opportunities, to deliver ever improving ways of working
- Great time management skills, with the ability to prioritise medium and long term projects
- Strong communication skills and confidence in working cross functionally, ensuring engagement of all key stakeholders
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Location: Leeds City Centre / Hybrid
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30-day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)