Our client, a property management company, who combines a friendly, family run feel with a very professional service, are looking for an experienced Property Management Administrator, with a sound understanding of residential and commercial property management. Really varied role, lovely offices and a delightful team. Full time role, ideally on a temp to perm basis but open to candidates with relevant experience to go directly permanent.
This is a varied role that comprises an administrative role in both residential and commercial property management however as this is a smaller organisation you have the benefit of being involved in the process from start to finish. The client is looking for someone with proven experience in the property management sector and preferably someone happy to try the role on a temp to perm basis (they will however gladly consider candidates only willing to consider the role permanently).
Residential and Commercial Property Management Administration:
- Involved in the full process relating to property management; liaising with agents and agreeing lets, preparing inventories, protecting deposits with the DPS, preparing and sending introduction letters, standing orders etc
- Using the in house system “Landlord Manager” to set up tenancies
- Managing the end of tenancy procedure; instructing letting agents, responding to tenants notice and advising on next steps, setting up vacating files, arranging final inspections, returning agreed deposits etc
- General property management and health and safety including gas and electrical safety, venting, smoke alarms, fire alarms, pet deposits, disputes etc
- Dealing with renewals and ensuring legal compliance is observed
- General Administration including dealing with post, filing, telephone enquiries and preparation of letters and reports
- Assisting with reception duties including dealing with contractors and tenants and issue/receipt of keys.
- Assisting with tenant maintenance and property inspections at peak times.
- Assisting the accounts department regarding rent arrears, ensuring the tenants payments are made promptly, data input and banking.
This role requires someone fully conversant with MS Office and ideally property related software. The ideal candidate:
- Will have a flexible approach and be able to work well within a team environment (you will work closely with the maintenance team, accounts support and other members of staff)
- Will have a confident personality and the ability to deal with difficult situations that sometimes occur relating to tenants
- Will have an excellent attention to detail
- Will have the ability to work under pressure
- Will have excellent organisation skills and ability to work on their own intiative
- Will be well presented; taking pride in their personal appearance and the business in general
- Will enjoy working with software and work with the business to use “Landlord Manager” to its full extent
The role is working 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri. A car driver is required (and ideally a car owner). There is free car parking. The salary is £13 per hour.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30-day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)