My client is a very successful, well known, leading law firm based in Central Leeds. Since opening their doors over 20 years ago they have gone from strength to strength, helping and assisting over 1.2 million customers with property law cases. Due to winning several new contracts, they are looking to recruit a Senior Complaints Handler on a full time, permanent basis!
This is a great role for someone who has 2+ years’ experience working within a complaint’s environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for the review and initial acknowledgment of the complaint as well as the investigation, response and solution of customer complaints; received through multiple channels including but not limited to phone calls, emails, customer service questionnaires and social media reviews.
The responsibilities of a Senior Complaints Handler are:
- Making initial contact with dissatisfied customers to understand concerns, with the aim to resolve the complaint on first contact.
- Where conclusions cannot be reached over the phone on first contact, you will be required to conduct a full and thorough complaint investigation, collating information from multiple sources including borrowers, brokers, lenders, solicitors and enact employees of all levels.
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including Operations Managers, Directors and Senior Lawyers, making recommendations for fair, impartial decisions to refute or uphold the customer complaint, in line with enact policies.
- If appropriate, calculate redress and compensation in line with enact policies.
- Handling all complaints from first to final review and where appropriate, liaising with The Legal Ombudsman on complaints escalated outside our organisation.
- Identify root causes of customer complaints, offering ideas for improvement to reduce volumes and improve the customer experience.
- Ensure complaints are addressed promptly and proactively in accordance with enacts’ procedures whilst maintaining a customer focused approach.
- The ability to write an excellent standard of letter, acknowledging the customer concerns raised, explaining the investigation and findings, ensuring the letter responds to all issues raised.
- Work closely with the Customer Relations Manager, being an advocate for process improvement both internally and for our customers. Deputising where required.
- Completing quality assurance reviews for complaint handlers, providing feedback and actions for improvement.
- To be a champion of delivering an exceptional customer experience, providing feedback to the business where changes are needed to make positive improvements for our customers.
- To fully embrace ‘Treating Customers Fairly’, ensuring this approach is adopted in all aspects of the role.
The requirements of a Senior Complaints Handler are:
- Demonstrable experience in Quality Assurance, including providing feedback and setting actions for improvement.
- Experience of leadership would be advantageous.
- Able to evidence examples of having influenced and/or implemented meaningful improvements in a complaint handling function.
- Previous experience of complaint handling within a regulated environment.
- Articulate in delivery with a proven ability to handle complaints over the phone at first stage, with evidence of successful outcomes.
- The ability to be able to recognise opportunities for early complaint resolution.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Stakeholder management.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and targets and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Analytical skills and a positive attitude.
- Proven excellent level of Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience of working with third parties
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30 day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)