We have some new Temporary to Permanent positions available as an Accounts Payable Assistant to begin immediately for a large, renowned retailer, based in their head office in Morley.
Are you an experienced Finance Administrator looking to progress your career with one of the UK’s largest Accounts Payable teams?
Alternatively, are you just starting out in your career and looking to enter a career in Finance or Shared Services?
Whether you are looking to start your career or are hoping to progress, this company provides a nurturing environment in which you can realise your potential.
The Finance Administrator role provides a great opportunity to gain real exposure and experience within the world of finance, working for one of the UK’s largest Accounts Payable teams. Suited to either a school-leaver, or an accounts professional with some experience, the role will allow you to develop a breadth of knowledge across all areas of the function, as well as providing you with the opportunity to complete your AAT apprenticeship qualification as part of the job.
The department is made up of a number of lively, sociable and innovative teams that manage over 6.5 million invoices per annum, from over 5,000 suppliers. Although there is some aspect of routine within the roles, no day will be the same.
About the Role
You will be part of a large team, which works at pace, ensuring the accurate processing and payment of supplier invoices and providing great customer service to a wide range of internal and external customers.
The function is responsible for all administrative aspects of Accounts Payable, from supplier on-boarding right through to supplier payment, collaborating across all areas of the business and our supplier base.
The day to day role:-
- Supporting and maintaining in house systems to facilitate wide activity
- Maintaining and supporting in house databases and ensuring access is regularly monitored
- Completing all tasks in accordance with the company financial control framework and policies
- Investigating and resolving internal and external queries within service levels
- Reporting for daily, weekly and monthly service level agreements
- Assisting with implementing new processes and procedures
- Building and maintaining good relationships, both internal and external, across all levels
- Ensuring all data is up to date to support AP month-end processing
- General housekeeping of the Accounts Payable and Business Services systems
- Experience in a volume-based finance role or a similar administrative shared service environment would be preferred but not essential
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- A strong team and work ethic along with a customer-centric mindset
What you’ll need:
- Intermediate Excel and analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Confident communication skills and the ability to influence and engage at all levels
- Ability to develop strong working relationships within your team and with your customers
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Good Time Management skills
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: £9.23 or £10.26 DOE
Location: Morley, LS27
Due to the amount of response, we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. By applying to this advertisement, you are hereby giving consent for Jo Holdsworth Recruitment to hold your details for a 30-day period and contact you via any method of contact you have listed on your application.
(Jo Holdsworth Recruitment – Recruitment Agency)